Saturday, November 11, 2006

All Blacks vs France

Being a New Zealander, living in France, I couldn't miss the two NZ - France rugby games! First game was in Lyon and the second in Paris. I spent the week between the two games visiting PARIS with my brother Cam and his girlfriend Jodi. Alors les matches...

LYON - Stade Gerland
All Blacks 47 - France 3
47-3, what a thrashing!
I was going to be sitting by myself, but turns out when I walked in I saw a kiwi mate, Charlotte from Eurotour! Went and sat with them before the game..and actually stayed with them during the game thanks to a really nice New Zealander who agreed to swap places with me.
Heres us showing our national pride. It was so cool, the whole day in Lyon New Zealanders were EVERYWHERE. Just to hear so much of that dirty kiwi accent in the streets of France was great. It was a little kiwi invasion, only lasted 2 saturday nights but I loved it.
The Haka! An awesome moment. It's pretty cool watching that all the way over here in France. And the French love it, it was very well respected, with an airy silence over the stadium. I've stopped counting how many times I have explained what the haka is to people here... I'm spreading our culture.

Dan kicking a few more points.








The Stade Gerland. To talk a bit about the match..... there's not much to say really! Trop fort. Pretty decisive scoreline, les bleus were just dominated by les blacks
Smokin Joe about 10m from me. This guys magic, he only has to touch the ball and everyone goes crazy!



As you can see I had an awesome seat...So close to the action! Didn't pay a cent either, got the ticket off a good French contact I have made, cheers Jean-Jacques!







PARIS - Stade de France

All Blacks 23 - France 11

2 from 2
The Stade de France is A MAZ ING
Surrounded in kiwis! Look at that support! OK.. in proportion to the size of this stadium we were kind of still the minority. Our tickets were in the NZ section, unlike at Lyon where I was surrounded in Frenchies because that was just a normal ticket.



A match shot. We didn't have bad seats here either, on the end of the field but on the first of the 3 levels.




This photo gives you a good idea of the stadium, absolutly huge! Just breathtaking when you walk in and look around here. 80,000 people.
Really good atmosphere, a few mexican waves and the like. It was pretty impressive when the French national anthem was sung.

Jodi, Cam and I after the game.
It was a great experience to be there in the Stade de France, a great occasion - ABs test match, and good results too. The replay of the world cup final they say...on verra!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home