Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Grape picking

I furthered my contribution to the French wine industry, picked a few more grapes! Last time is was in the famous Beaujolais region, this time in a more modest local vineyard here in Savoie. It was with my other host mother, Dominique.

A great afternoon out amongst the vines surrounded in the mountains. I was, however, pleased to be able to say Au Revoir at the end of the day to the other pickers. They all do this for about a month! The odd day here and there to experience it is enough for me.

After picking the grapes, we had a bit of a tour through the cellar. Tasted the grape juice which we had just picked, a finished bottle from 2 years ago and EVERYTHING in between! It was great comparing the different stages of fermentation, from 2 days, one week, one month etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home